Happy 80th Birthday, Dalai Lama!
When a boy of just 15 becomes the spiritual leader of a worldwide religion, then you know, when he’s 80 years old, he’s experienced quite a lot! The Dalai Lama is an author, philosopher, Nobel Peace prize winner and prolific speaker. A man I personally admire for his wisdom and truth. Here are some of his quotes that made me think about life, love and peace. I hope you like them too …
- “My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.”
- “It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.”
- “The root of happiness is altruism — the wish to be of service to others.”
- The mind is like a parachute. It works best when it’s open.
- “I feel that the essence of spiritual practice is your attitude toward others. When you have a pure, sincere motivation, then you have right attitude toward others based on kindness, compassion, love and respect. Practice brings the clear realisation of the oneness of all human beings and the importance of others benefiting by your actions.”
- “Human happiness and human satisfaction must ultimately come from within oneself. It is wrong to expect some final satisfaction to come from money or from a computer.”
- “If there is love, there is hope that one may have real families, real brotherhood, real equanimity, real peace. If the love within your mind is lost and you see other beings as enemies, then no matter how much knowledge or education or material comfort you have, only suffering and confusion will ensue”
- “I call myself a feminist. Isn’t that what you call someone who fights for women’s rights?”
- “Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength.”
- “Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.”
- “I believe all suffering is caused by ignorance. People inflict pain on others in the selfish pursuit of their happiness or satisfaction. Yet true happiness comes from a sense of inner peace and contentment, which in turn must be achieved through the cultivation of altruism, of love and compassion and elimination of ignorance, selfishness and greed.”
- “Everyday, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it.”
- “When I meet people in different parts of the world, I am always reminded that we are all basically alike: we are all human beings. Maybe we have different clothes, our skin is of a different colour, or we speak different languages. That is on the surface. But basically, we are the same human beings. That is what binds us to each other. That is what makes it possible for us to understand each other and to develop friendship and closeness.”
- “Because we all share this small planet earth, we have to learn to live in harmony and peace with each other and with nature. That is not just a dream, but a necessity.”
- “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.”
- “Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.”
- “If you don’t love yourself, you cannot love others. You will not be able to love others. If you have no compassion for yourself then you are not able of developing compassion for others.”
1) Update your blog – Create and Post Content
Your dailyPA Virtual Personal Assistant can manage your blog by creating and posting content based on your creative direction. Managing a blog is time consuming, once you’ve decided on your direction and strategy get your dailyPA Virtual Personal Assistant to do the rest.
2) Create other content including video and audio
A dailyPA Virtual Personal Assistant can create content such as an instructional video for your readers or a podcast giving new information weekly.
3) Filter Blog Comments
Unfortunately when managing a blog you get a lot of spam comments from people trying to create back links, many of which are poorly written and irrelevant. By using a dailyPA Virtual Personal Assistant to filter through them and delete the bad ones you can reduce spam and increase the quality of the comments section of your blog.
4) Reply to Blog Comments
Increase your rapport with clients and visitors to your website by setting up your dailyPA Virtual Personal Assistant as your representative in the blog comments, encouraging conversation and building relationships.
5) Moderate Forums
Moderating a forum is an idea task for a dailyPA Virtual Personal Assistant – keep discussion on track and delete irrelevant or offensive posts while engaging with the community.
6) Guest Posting
Drive traffic to your site by getting your dailyPA Virtual Personal Assistant to write content for other websites, spreading your message further while bringing in traffic.
7) Promote on Social Media
A dailyPA Virtual Personal Assistant can promote your site on social media, both by using your own accounts and by seeking out groups that might be interested and engaging with them.
8) WordPress – Manage Plug-Ins.
WordPress is constantly being updated and new plug-ins are being brought out all the time. A dailyPA Virtual Personal Assistant can manage this.
9) Suggest Improvements
Get a dailyPA Virtual Personal Assistant to cast a fresh eye over your website and suggest improvements that might increase visitor satisfaction.
10) Create Graphics
Every great website has great graphics. Use a dailyPA Virtual Personal Assistant to create or source images for your site.
11) SEO Work
SEO takes time! Writing out meta descriptions, adjusting keywords, building links. This is a perfect job to outsource to a skilled dailyPA Virtual Personal Assistant.
Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work in hand. The Sun’s rays do not burn until brought to a focus: Alexander Graham Bell
12 Reasons to Hire a Virtual Assistant for Events
Christmas and New Year! How can we be thinking of this already … Summer isn’t even finished!
Of course you are right; but some of our clients are already thinking about it, so we thought we would give you some ideas on how we can help and support you when things get a little overwhelming!
1 Plan Your Event or Party
Ask your Virtual Assistant to take the strain off your shoulders by doing tasks for you! You need a list! What kind of party if it? What do you want to achieve by having the party? Is the party for clients or employees? What’s your budget? Is there a Plan B?
2 Research and Book Venue
Popular venues get booked up early so it is worth getting in early. If you need a few venues booked then its only right to give notice properly, otherwise you may be charged. Your Virtual Assistant can research a venue according to specifications you give them and then make contact, reservations and preparations for your event. Does the venue depend on good weather? This is the UK after all!
3 Send Invitations and Monitoring Replies
An event is nothing without attendees. Your Virtual Assistant can send out invitations and monitor RSVP’s to make sure that your event / party is fully booked. There are many online Invite/RSVP companies and they are great for getting them out quickly (or if you want to project a modern attitude), however they may not always be appropriate. Do you need a formal embossed card and paper lined envelope? or something unique and carefully chosen for your special event! There are so many options.
4 Manage Queries Specific to the Event
Dietary issues, seating arrangements and so much more; every event receives lots of small queries that add up to a lot of your time! An experienced Virtual Assistant can handle the majority of these and keep you free to focus on the big picture. If your VA cannot answer them immediately, then she/he will be a great point of call for anyone.
5 Take and Manage Online Payments
If your event is a invitee-paying event, then your Virtual Assistant can assist in the handling of online payments.
Wherever your event is, there will be transport issues for someone! Get your Virtual Assistant to arrange transport for yourself and any other VIP. Transport is also for items as well as people! Whatever needs to be moved, your VA can arrange it.
7 Manage Bookings
Once someone has paid and booked, the process will still require on going management – this is the perfect task for a Virtual Assistant.
8 Co-ordinate Event Planning Meetings
Making sure everyone knows what they need to do & when is vital. Ask your Virtual Assistant to plan the meetings with your team with Agendas. Will this be a Skype meeting or in your office!
9 Distribute Minutes from the Meetings
A Virtual Assistant probably won’t be able to attend the meeting, so email the minutes over to her/him and it can be sorted out, formatted and made presentable before being emailed to attendees.
10 Catering for the Event
Food or no food, that is the question! But it’s probably fair to assume there will be drinks. But is it the finest Champagne or a youthing health juice! The options are extremely varied of course, but you may find the catering companies are not! Your Virtual Assistant can research companies that best suit your event and your area.
11 Send Follow-ups to Team & Guests
Your Virtual Assistant can send regular follow-ups prior to the event / party to both your team and your guests so that everyone has the information they need. This is really vital for a smooth running event / party
12 After the Event / Party
There is always someone who needs a Thank You! Ask your Virtual Assistant to arrange a thank you card, personal email, flowers, Champagne or gift. Even the attendees may appreciate a thank you!
Sometimes its hard to know what tasks you can outsource to your virtual assistant, so I thought I’d let you know our top 12 administrative tasks. These are possibly the most needed type of tasks, there is always a to-do-list that needs attending and here are some ways we help …
1) General Writing & Editing Tasks
Every business has general writing and editing tasks they need
doing. Rather than use your valuable time doing it you can now
pass on these short tasks to a Virtual Assistant.
2) Proofreading Documents
Get a Virtual Assistant experienced at proofreading to look over
your work before publishing.
3) Article Submissions
Use a Virtual Assistant to submit articles and press releases on your behalf to article directories, public
relations sites and newspapers.
4) Post job openings with newspapers and online services
Continue to expand your workforce by using your Virtual Assistant to post more jobs both online and in print.
5) Transcription of speeches, presentations etc.
Transcription typically takes up to 4 hours for each hour of audio. This is time your VA can help you with.
Ask you Virtual Assistant to monitor your emails, go through your spam and create folders so your emails
are more organized.
Ask your Virtual Assistant to set up meeting with employees and clients.
8) Hotel and Flight Booking
Going on a holiday or a business trip? Get your Virtual Assistant to provisionally book your flights & hotels.
Looking to bolster your team? Outsource your recruitment to a Virtual Assistant to save time and find the
10) Manage Calendar
Get your Virtual Assistant to manage your calendar and appointments, never miss a meeting again!
11) Personal Errands
Personal chores getting in the way of work? Use your Virtual Assistant to take a few tasks off your plate and
free up time for work.
12) Write Employee Manual
Your Virtual Assistant can assist in writing up your employee manual to aid with training future recruits to